"Access Denied" on Toshiba Laptop Harddrive now being used as External!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

liftbigeatbig

Beta member
Hey guys,

Basically I had a Toshiba 2450 Laptop and I had some issues with the motherboard, it wasn't sending the correct voltage to the hard drive. I bought a new HP Laptop, and found out that I could turn the old hard drive into an external one via a USB Enclosure and finally get all my data, old documents etc off of it.

Today I bought the enclosure and set it all up, and I was able to access the hard drive fine. Things such as program files were all readable and I could copy them. Then, when I went to copy my documents it said the folder "Jay" inside the documents and settings folder, which was my profile name on my old laptop was "Access denied". I obviously had a password on my profile on my old laptop and think this is whats causing the problems, since this folder is the only one specific to my profile. Does anyone know a way of accessing the folder???? I really need my documents! Any help is appreciated thanks in advance!!!!

im sry but ur out of luck , because u cant access ur document files when ur hd in not used as a boot device. Thats why u should drag all files in a folder in Hd and not leave stuff live music in document folder such as "My Music" because when it comes to formatting u cant access them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom