Lost files after formatting

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckyskate0

Solid State Member
I made the mistake of letting one of my friends use my computer without me watching and he did a brilliant job at getting everything screwed up. I couldn't open any .exe files or even some folders. I have a 20 GB and an 80 GB hard drive and i formatted the 20 because thats where all my windows files are. After re-installation i realized that i had pictures on there that really meant a lot to me on there. This sounds like an extremely stupid question but, is there any possible way i could retrieve those files???

well, if you really want any chance of getting the data back first stop using the drive and stop installing applications.

you can attempt to recover the data with davory professional, which is what i use. get it here:
https://secure.shareit.com/shareit/...a8d331880053f4d48&productid=189245&quickbuy=1

or you can try r-studio here.

the main thing is to stop playing around on the computer until you recieve a decent recovery tool. if you keep using the disk, you have a good chance of overwriting any of the existing data.

thanks for the advise

i downloaded the demo of r-studio and i foudn what i need but it costs almost 70 dollars to buy and davory pro costs even more...im broke

Here's a link to a full working version of the most incredable piece of software I have ever used. It's called EZ Recovery. I've done the same thing by accident when I switched to ntfs and was using the old 98 start disk which can't see a ntfs formatted partition and I not thinking fdisked and formatted it to Fat 32 and installed Windows 2000 and looked in my computer and to my shock I no longer had about 5 gigs of videos that were unreplaceable of my Father and I from many years ago. Much to my delight I tried a earlier version of EZ Recovery from this same site and it just blew my mind. It not only got my videos back but also files I recognized from several formats and reinstalls of windows earlier!

http://www.eotnsecurity.com/fosi/trial_only/fo-e604.zip

This is a full version not crippled or restricted in anyway.... 27.8mbs if the link doesn't work copy and paste it in a new window and it should work then... if you try it and like it go buy it. EZ Recovery Pro 6.04 Hope it helps you as it did for me. Aloha, LoLo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom