My new build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My new build! (not dialup freindly)

yes, i know, another my new build thread. well, let me spare you some truth before you start wondering if its fake or not. THERE WILL BE PICS, i just got to upload em. so heres the deal: i got 175 for Christmas for pc parts. so as usual i went over to newegg, and started browsing. I ended up choosing the stuff that is in my sig, and i am happy that i chose what i did. (the mobo, cpu, and psu, screw the ram, im getting 1gb as soon as possible)

It overclocks like a dream so far. ive gotten it up to 2.67, don't want to really push it to hard, so i stopped there, and went back down to 2.6 and verified it. LINK.

I got it to all fit in snugly my HP Pavilion 7940 matx tower, and it doesn't look that bad either, maybe because of my craptacullar window mod on the side panel. the only problem that i have is that the hdd cage literally rests on top of the ram (well, maybe 1 or 2 cm) and the 24 pin is right behind it, so the wires have to go over the ram, which makes the mobo bend a little, and theres no support on the right screw, so i might have to do something about that, or just get rid of the cage, and put the hdd up in a 5in bay with an adapter. well, heres a pic that i already got uploaded.

inside pic a few days ago
IMG_0004.jpg

as it sits now on my desk
1dbd340a-1.jpg

so, what u guys think?

also, any suggestions on how to get a higher overclock, and maybe fix some of the scratches on the metal around the window?

Haha, nice fox sticker(I ride to). Just don't go putting any shadow conspiracy crap on there! Also you might want to try and manage those wires, There's just like one big pile of death sitting right in front of your CPU fan.

yea, i got the wires taken care of a little bit, i shoved em infront of the psu behind my dvd, and then put a couple on top of the psu, its only temporary, i gotta figure out where to put them. k, here are some pictures:

cpu fan.
1d468e66-1.jpg

everything else in there:
1d468e66-2.jpg

all the other ones i have are just pretty much the same thing, just a pic of my sata ports, vid card, the hole in the front where a usb bracket should be, might put a temp monitor there or something
1dbd340a-2.jpg

i would rather to have that hdd bay gone, it makes the case look way cleaner looking thru the window, and it makes the inside bigger. the only problem is, i dont want to loose either my dvd drive or my cd burner, so sooner or later in going to have to get a dvd burner, then a 5.5 to 3.5 adapter, and a new sata hdd(for the speed benefit, and it will look cleaner). and with the hd bay gone, i can fill up all of the ram slots up now, and the clearance behind the mobo is just about the size of a small Lego, so i could shove some wires back there, just not the mobo psu wire(24 pin).

any suggestions on what else i should do to this case? yea, i know it needs more fans, but before i can do that, i need to get a fan controller, the mobo only has 2 connectors. im thinking of putting a blowhole (80mm), a 120mm on the windows by the vid card and cpu, and then figure out a way to mount one to the front. maybe in the space behind where the hdd bay is, i could put a fan, its 3.5 wide, and 3 drives high. here are some pics i just took.

front, where the hole for usb is:
IMG_0026.jpg

Closer:
IMG_0027.jpg

where my hd bay fits:
IMG_0030.jpg

lol, I remember there was a guide to make the flat ribbon IDE cables into round IDE cables using tape. Nice job though...

You should use the Cable Sleeving guide on this forum. I believe it's in the hardware section. It looks pretty useful.

How did you get that processor overclocked to 2.67GHz? I have the 3500, and I'm too afraid to overclock it, plus I only have a PSU and processor fan.

Actually that sounds really complicated. Plus I don't think my PC has enough fans (2) and PSU (300W) to overclock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom