Computer no longer gets past windows xp load bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

stainer711

In Runtime
The last time I used my pc without any signs of a malfunction was just before I read a notice saying that an internet page failed to cache in the local windows folder. After that the computer froze. Whenever I would turn the pc back on after this it would either stay at the windows xp loading screen with the scrolling bar or give me a blue screen saying that there was an unbootable boot volume.

After realizing that my windows installation was corrupt I eventually reinstalled windows. (For some reason the installation would hang at the "detecting previous versions of windows" part for several attempts.) The new installation worked like a charm for a few bootups. Now the bootup process is acting just as it did before with the computer freezing at the same parts. I'm not really sure what the deal is, but my logical guess is that the HDD is fried. Any ideas? Oh yea, and I reformated the entire HDD for the most recent clean install.

Yep sounds like it could be that your hard drive has given up it's life, but first is it SATA,IDE? could be a bad cable!
Are all cables firmly attached to thier respective connections?.
BIOS setting al correct. just double check these (if you have not already!) no need to spend cash out if its just a bad connection or cable.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom