dreaded blue screen of death while gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaksback

Fully Optimized
Recently I had the dreaded blue-screen-of-death happen to me while I was playing Colin McRae Rally 04. It did the dumping of physical memory trip and wouldn't respond to any keyboard commands etc. This has happened a couple times but only while playing the game.

What would cause this to happen? overheat?(does seem to run a little warmer lately...44c) lack of Ram (I have 512)? bad install?

Most of the time the game plays alright and I have always respected my win2000 for not giving me the blue screen that I came to hate with win98.

Recently installed items:

Creative Audigy 2 ZS sound card
ATI Radeon 9200 128m vid card

Colin McRae Ralley 04 game

Check to see if there are any patches for the game, it could have some glitch or bug that chokes up your machine.

Also, make sure you have all of the latest drivers for your devices.

HoLoCroN: No there aren't any patches on the game site

kboy: I really only play the one game but I will soon check out if it does it on other games.

"The last human city...."

well? I think it's one of your memory chips. either that or it's a case of a mild trojan horse. It would be best if you try to scan your computer for viruses if you havent allready.:cool:

You have any additional fans in your pc to cool your system. Some times when you have no fans present w/ a video card you tend to get heat pockets which can in turn reduce the stability of your system. I second the memory chip prob too though.

atirapegro: Chips r ok

oOktylonOo: I have since added more fans, inclucuding one to the video card for a total of seven fans now. haven't had the blue screen sinnce even after 3 straight hours of hard gaming.

jaknlisa619 said:
atirapegro: Chips r ok

oOktylonOo: I have since added more fans, inclucuding one to the video card for a total of seven fans now. haven't had the blue screen sinnce even after 3 straight hours of hard gaming.
Awsume. :cool:

Re: "The last human city...."

ATIRAGEPRO said:
well? I think it's one of your memory chips.

I agree w/ ATI on this one. I had a Dell a few years ago, that turned out to be a lemon. Gave me the same type of crash and the unofficial conclusion by Dell was that it was faulty RAM. The replaced it w/ a new one.

I too had the same problem.
I installed my OS and the latest drivers for my G-card and I didn't encounter any type of Blue Screen from that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom