can't save images from the internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

j12

Daemon Poster
i'm using mozilla firefox 2 and when i view a image and right click on it, i choose "save image as" and save it do my desktop nothing happens. when i did that before usually my "download" window shows up and it shows that i downloaded the image.

thanks in advance

no i havent tried with IE yet but i have tried with opera and it works fine with opera. would it help if re-installed firefox? and if i reinstall firefox will all my bookmarks be deleted?

um, have you tried dragging the image and dropping it to your desktop? Actually I have no idea why ff is not letting you save pictures.

ok i guess that kinda solves the saving pictures problem. i guess i can just drag images onto my desktop. but how can i save .exe file?

sorry if this is a stupid question, but if i reinstall firefox will i lose my bookmarks?

You shouldn't. Search the forum. Somebody posted a link that will backup your bookmarks. I forget who/where is it though.

backing them up is easy:
In Firefox go to Bookmarks > Manage Bookmarks

Then in the Bookmark Manager that pops up:
File > Export....

Then it will export all of your bookmarks into an html that you can save anywhere you'd like. Save it to the desktop so you don't forget where it is. Importing them again is the same thing just instead of choosing "Export..." in the Bookmarks Manager choose "Import..." and load the file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom