the 680i

Status
Not open for further replies.
almost all new products have their flaws that doesnt make them a bad company

theres not a company out there that is perfect, so there was flaws with a brand new motherboard, a brand new chipset
not surprising and that doesnt mean that the company sucks or anything.

all that matters is they fixed the problems

^^Agreed^^
The chances that a new product like that won't have problems are slim. Its the same with any new technology. They did an excellent job of working with the people who were having the problem and fixing it. The problem wasn't as widespread as it seemed either, only people who had problems said anything.
And as far as I have heard the latest BIOS fixed the problem. You don't see people complaining anymore anyways :)

I didn't mean to knock your thread man, just this is a really good motherboard and i hate to see lots of bad things talked about it. In all honesty you can not find a better motherboard out there if you like gaming. You should have just put in you post that the problem was fixed about a month ago and all the people who suffered from the problem were helped.

Like everyone else said no product is flawless when it is released, especially new technology. On top of that no product is going to be perfect in every way to every user. You can find something to slam any product about. An initial glitch that was fixed though, that's reaching if you ask me.

well you can tell when information gets to people who are partial and who are nvidia fanboys, i bet AMD's are the worlds greatest thing since sliced bread? my threads arent to be partial and if you dont like it then deal with it. just cuz it was sloved a month ago doesnt mean people know about it. someone may be having trouble with the board and not know how to fix it because they may just think its them.

second, no every product does not have flaws. if you read what i wrote, i even said my self everything has its flaws, meaing every company is bound to release a product with a flaw. my point is that it looks bad for prospective buyers when there are about 100 other boards out there in fine running condition. there are a million products out there that are flawless are you kidding? you dont buy a car expecting it to break down, you dont buy a tv to watch it bust into smoke, these things are flawless that i have so yeah things can be flawless and if im paying 200 bucks for some circuits it better be flawless specially if your gonna hype the thing up.

if you wanna be a fanboy just cuz you own the board or are drooling over something with a big pricetag then go for it im not here to change your mind, it was information. i didnt even knock the board. EVGA did on there own site. i didnt write one word of it.

i dont own the board and im not a fanboy

if someone is having a problem normally they ask or they go to the manufacturers website forums

plus it is a given that if something is wrong, and you dont have the latest bios, then you update the bios

theres no need to make a thread about how a board *used* to have problems, if someone was asking about the board then uit would be ok to say that it had issues in the past, but again there is no reason to make a whole new thread about a board used to have problems

the eVGA 680i board is an amazing board one of the best out there right now and with a bios update its pretty flawless from what i have seen

wtf are you talking about fanboys, and amd being the greatest thing since sliced bread?

Wow guys, you're kidding me. I agree with X13 that you're just drooling over something with a big price tag. The board being without problems is one thing; practically worshiping it for no apparent reason is another.

Here, list all the reasons that make the eVGA 680i an "amazing gamer board." I want to hear this. C'mon, list 'em.

I don't know if there is a big list that would make this board a must have.

I don't however think you should not buy the board if your ONLY reason is that it may have sata problems.

That problem has already been adressed and fixed, at least that is my understanding.

im not trying to say that if your into gaming then buy this motherboard all im saying is making a thread about problems that have already been fixed is pointless
he says he was trying to inform people but its more like he wants to convince people not to buy the board

Well then I guess he and I have the same goal, as I'm also trying to convince people to not buy the board. But for a different reason. Its a waste of money, very few are ever going to use it's capabilities. The eVGA 680i is to motherboards what the PCP&C 1kW is to PSUs.

TriEclipse said:
Here, list all the reasons that make the eVGA 680i an "amazing gamer board." I want to hear this. C'mon, list 'em.

It OC's better/on par with the 975X chipset.

That's about it, i believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom