How much should I sell my computer for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaade

Beta member
I want to sell my used Alienware because it's over 2 years old... It still runs almost any game no problems and more than meets their recommended reqs...

Here are the specs:

Alienware Computer
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 FX-53 Processor
2.40 GHz Performance Rated at 3.84 GHz
1.5 GB RAM
80Gb Hardrive
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)

NVIDIA GeForce 6200 (GeForce 6200) 256.0 MB
Video Card 3D Acceleration
Video HW Transform & Lighting
Vertex Shader Ver. 3.0
Pixel Shader Ver. 3.0

Creative SB Audigy 2 (WDM)

The only real downfall to the computer is that it doesn't have PCI-Express slots because the ASUS motherboard that it came with was made like a month before the PCI-Express came into being...

But yeah, any ideas? I'll answer any specc questions people may have... I'm living in Brazil and it's near impossible to find an alienware here so I'm hoping the name and case alone can get me some extra cash on it...

Thanks!

The graphics card is a little slow... Other than that, it's a pretty decent computer.

I'm not sure how you would go about pricing a [previously] high end name-brand computer... But if it were a custom built with those components, it'd probably be worth around 400-600 USD, I'm guessing.

I would guess the Mobo is ASUS SK8N or SK8V.... I am not too sure where it would ballpark, as the FX-53 seems to be the only thing besides the 1.5 GB of RAM that is worthwhile... the 6200 is pretty dated, and Alienware is more hype than they are bite IMO... I have a friend with an Alienware, and my teeny little Shuttle will walk his around the block, and we got them around the same time.

I would ballpark $500 US

EDIT: Actually, I didn't notice the SB Audigy 2 the first time through... I would say it is probablly $500-$600.... there are still Socket 940 Opteron's available, and with a newer dual core Opty, and a new video card, that would be a nice little system again./EDIT

Yeah the video card is quite slow... And the motherboard is an ASUS A8V Deluxe.

Thanks for the info so far guys =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom