no device manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzz

Baseband Member
i installed win xp, and after clicking the system icon i see theres no hardware tab so no device manager, how can this have happened?

if i click advanced in system it says i must be logged in as system admin, but if i click users it says my name and computer administrator under.

Right click on my Computer then click properties. That should bring up your system properties tab. With the hardware tab as well.

If not than it sounds like you got a defunked install.

didnt work

but i had much problem installing xp cause of "unmountable_boot_disk", now i want to repair or reinstall but i still get the blue screen of death of "unmountable_boot_disk" when i boot from any win cd.

in system i got: general > computer name > advanced > system restore > automatic updates

when trying to boot with a windows cd i get a blue screen of death right before the menu where you can install or repair is supposed to come up, so i have to boot with floppy discs to get to dos, then go to d: and install from there.

the unmountable boot disk is probably from the cdrive. I have seen perfectly good working cd drives that are 3 or 4 yeard old get the BSOD unmountable boot drive. Try a different drive and re do the install. Is this an OEM or retail version of xp ? is it a burnt copy ?

I think the error was unmountable boot disk 0x000000ed

i have tried both originals and copies w same fault but never suspected the cd drive, will try another.

WORKED! :D

was using a dvd rw, tried an old cd drive and win menu came up no problem :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom