Could I sneak by???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brew_WY

In Runtime
I am looking at a possible upgrade for my system. Do you think it would be possible to run this card with only a Antec 400w Smart Power PSU???

Also has anyone heard the official release date for Dx10?

Thanks for your time.:beard:

95_GSX said:
I am looking at a possible upgrade for my system. Do you think it would be possible to run this card with only a Antec 400w Smart Power PSU???

Also has anyone heard the official release date for Dx10?

Thanks for your time.:beard:

That card requires 450 watts and 30 amps on the 12v rail.

Your Psu is 400 watts and has 25 amps on the 12v rail...

So you would be cutting it close.. I wouldnt risk it.

DX10 might be released soon, but it may be a while before games start using it, specially since there seems to be certain opposition to Windows Vista.

That PSU has two +12V rails at 10A and 15A, and the card specs at Newegg state: "450-Watt power supply or greater, 30 Amps on 12 volt rail recommended (assumes fully loaded system)". That PSU has 25A combined on the +12V rails, so I'm unsure whether it will run the card.

Edit: it seems PanzerKammander got ahead of me, hehe. Now, you state the +12V rails have 31A combined. What are your references? I based my observations on this item. Is that your PSU, 95_GSX?

Edit2: lol, you edited while I was editing :p. I agree with your remark, though: it may run the card, but it's a risk.

Yes that is my PSU Meithan. Yeah I don't think its worth risking at the moment. My card is still doing decent. I will wait a while and see what happens with vista/Dx10 and card/game manufacturers.
Thanks again for the help guys. :beard:

no, its not worth trying especially since you said your card is still doing decent. i kinda have the same problem as you, i have a geforce 6600 and i have been very eager to upgrade since it is also agp. but i WILL wait until dx10 comes out then i will upgrade videocard ram and mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom