Opinions on my build plx...

Status
Not open for further replies.

magezzz

Baseband Member
I'm building a computer to be able to play anygame in med-high detail in the current market, including FSX :D

-Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13GHz
-Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB
-Corsair DDR2 PC2-5400 667MHz Value Select 2GB (2x1045MB) 240-pin Unbuffered DIMM
-Asus P5NSLI Socket 775 nVidia nForce 570 SLI Dual Channel DDDR2 533/667 Dual PCI-Express Graphics Slots
-Asus nVidia GeForce 7950GT 512MB
-Antec SmartPower 2.0 500 Watt PCI-E Ready.

This all ends up costing $1,300USD after taxes.

Anyways let me know what you think of my build, will all the parts work/work well with eachother, and suggestions/changes to my list are welcome and what you think of the final cost of it all and if you think it worth it, thx. (A note that I am not going to overclock any parts)

looks good, but if you want to overlclock get some DDR2 800 memory. i would personaly get the E6300 and overclock it to E6400 and beyond to save some money.

And also "(2x1045MB)" its 2x1024MB. lol, and why get a SLi board when your only getting one video card?

gmanych said:
looks good, but if you want to overlclock get some DDR2 800 memory. i would personaly get the E6300 and overclock it to E6400 and beyond to save some money.

I agree. also, I would suggest getting 2 smaller HDD's and doing raid 0. make sure you get an aftermarket cooler for the CPU if you plan to overclock. I've heard the stock fan sucks.

magezzz said:
(A note that I am not going to overclock any parts)

He obviously already said that he isn't going to overclock.

apdrummer said:
...also, I would suggest getting 2 smaller HDD's and doing raid 0...

Not really much point in doing that unless he is going to be doing alot of R/W operations on the HDD's.... unless he has extra cash to throw away, he will be fine with the 320 GB drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom