the 680i

Status
Not open for further replies.

King X13

Daemon Poster
To be succinct, some nForce 680i motherboards have SATA issues. Data seems to get corrupted for no reason causing BSODs and corrupted hard drive errors. Obviously there is a reason, but the problem to the end user may seem very sporadic. The problems are severe enough that they can render a new system build useless. Talking to NVIDIA about this, we came up with the answers to a few questions, but no solutions.

Yes, NVIDIA is aware of the 680i issue and has been able to recreate it in their test labs.

Yes, NVIDIA is working to fix this.

Yes, NVIDIA states it is not a hardware issue, but rather a driver issue so we are all hoping for a fix.

Shooting from the hip on this, and I am no driver engineer, but this sounds like a hardware problem to me. I hate to say it, but there seems to be a chipset problem here that is not apparent in every piece of silicon. I hope I am wrong and it is just a driver issue that can be fixed through a new driver drop, but I am not hopeful of this. After seeing Dan take his 680i build that was causing him severe problems, change out motherboards, and his problems then going away, it is hard for me to think that a driver caused the issue.

NVIDIAÂ’s track record at HardOCP with storage controller solutions over the life of the nForce brand has been poor to say the least, but has been getting better as NVIDIA has moved forward. With their recent acquisition of ULI, we expected to see all storage issues related to the nForce chipset go away, but that has certainly not been the case.

sounds not so good to me...?

http://www.evga.com/community/messageboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21626

I had no idea the 680i had problems like that. Hadn't heard a single thing, while lurking XtremeSystems.org forums.

I'm hoping a driver update will fix it, but until i hear that, i'm not going to be buying a 680i board.

yeah i was pretty surprised, i mean i went with a 975x, but i hear so many people getting a 680i i hope they dont have the same probs.

you make a mobo with those probs and i dont want a "fix". it shows alot about a product. i know everything has its flaws, but it still doesnt look good.

my point is, that it was released as garbage. your crazy to stick up for a company that put customers through that. second people are having problems with 680i boards and dont know why so if they read it they will find out how to reslove the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom