Holy ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Good post. Get on with it, Spartan. ;) Get the newest BIOS for your DS3, it'll give you a higher chance to hit near 500FSB.

That's nothing. :p Link to 2079 FSB.

cpu-3420.png

darkop16 said:
Thats a es sample right or are the e4300 really going to have a x9 multiplier?

That IS an ES sample, but the E4300 is also going to have a 9x multiplier. :) They're on a 200Mhz FSB, 800Mhz Quad-Pumped. As opposed to the other C2Ds' 266Mhz/1066Mhz.

yeah I've decided to try my hand at overclocking today, ill try and have some friends over to help. where's a good place to start? i'd rather not go 5mhz at a time.

spartan1121 said:
yeah I've decided to try my hand at overclocking today, ill try and have some friends over to help. where's a good place to start? i'd rather not go 5mhz at a time.

When i got my e6600, i went straight for 3.2ghz(i did 8 x 401 since the p5b-d has a chipset strap at the high 300's but you would prob do 7 x 457 to get 3.2ghz) @ 1.35v. I was able to increase it to 3.3 ghz (agian i was at 8 x 412, so you would do 7 x 471) without changing the vcore. You probably will have to up the vdimm for your ram to get it that high or you could do a 5:4 divider so the ram won't limit you, and you may have to loosen up the ram timings. I also uped the nb and sb voltages one step up from auto(don't know what it actually was, you may have more choices for sb and nb voltages then me) cause it was having trouble with the higher fsb. I stopped there cause the load temps were as high as i wanted to go, but earlier this month i reapplied as5 to my heatsink to see if i could get lower temps and oh yeah i did :). I guess the first time i put too much on (remember 2 "grains of rice" size drops...i spread myn out with a credit card....some don't...its a preference i guess). And now im at 8 x 425 @ 1.375v (this is the bios setting if your wondering...same goes for the other voltages i said). I think im going to go for 3.6ghz again, since my temps have gone down after the as5 cured again. After you go for 3.2 (maybe start with 3.0 since you have a lower multiplier...7x428), stress test your system following the guide i posted earlier (you don't need to do the 12-24 hr test yet just about 10 min in orthos should do it along with two insistences of superpi at 1m). I would say if you do get to 3.3ghz, then do the 12-24hr orthos test (i did 18hr) and if its solid and you think you can go higher then go for it.

If at anytime it cuts off and doesn't come back on after you oc it, then that means something wasn't getting enough power or you went to far. All you need to do is turn off the psu and remove the cmos battry and move the jumpers (im not too fimiliar with doing it that way though, asus lets you reset it my turning the psu off and back on after 15sec...i love asus ;)). I hope thats enough to get you started.

If you have any trouble, you can pm me and ill try to help you or you can make a new topic in the overclocking section.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom