build V buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not on cheap PC's. I tend to say to people that as soon as you add a graphics card or wish to have something out of the ordinary (large hard drive space for e.g.) to build (or come back to me as the case is.)

ha, so well the question is now, is it cheaper to buy a bare bones case, add bits online OR

purchase all good on free lance?

In my experience building is always cheaper than buying, specially if you consider "brand" computers (Dell, HP, etc). Maybe it's because I live in Mexico.

Infernicus, I think it's hard to say what will be cheaper. Easiest way to find out is to actually plan a build and see if the barebone kit ends up being a good choice.

It really ultimatly depends on different factors.....

• What is the budget?
  • What will the computer be used for?
  • How many components will you be purchasing? (mouse, keyboard, speakers, monitor, HDD's... etc. etc.)
  • Do you plan on upgrading it in the future, or building/buying new again?
  • Are you going to be able to put it together yourself?

What I suggest for people looking for an ok machine for simple tasks; internet browsing, email, chatting, office documents, downloading, music, etc. etc, and when they will need to get EVERYTHING, including monitor and whatnot, I suggest getting a cheap OEM package that comes with tower & components, monitor, printer, all the bundled goods. There is nothing wrong with getting a Dell or a gateway for tasks like that.

Your question really can't be answered with a yes/no, solid answer... it depends on different factors.

If someone is looking for hardcore gaming type stuff, and will be doing thier own upgrades, then building would likely be a better avenue.

Anything less than $400 USD you'd be better off getting a pre-built. Anythin over you'll be better off building it yourself.

yea alright well il do the designing first =] thanks for all the help everyone im pretty sure this can be closed now, though it might want to stay open and il update with the build design if people are interested =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom