Status
Not open for further replies.

alexsabree

Fully Optimized
I am building a new computer:
Core 2 Duo e6600
2gigs
and 8800gtx

Is this motherboard good? Is their any other better ones for a c2d for sale?

Thanks,
Alexsabree :cool:

Yes it's a great board. But if you want to save money, I suggest either the gigabyte 965P-DS3 or the asus p5b-deluxe. They're half the price of the 680i, and they're just as good.

p5b-deluxe will be just as good with 2 gigs of 800 mhz ram and a e6600. If you are wanting a board you will be able to upgrade though you need to go with the 680i. It can run a quad core and 1200mhz ram. Six s-ata hook ups, better faster chip set.

Yes the 680i is a bit more expensive but the future proof aspects of it alone make it worth it, not to mention how fast you can oc on this board.

ps. i bought a 680i already.

Power supply Advice.

Ok i am picking out my psu today and ordering tomorrow morning. I have got in narrowed down to 2 choices.

http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=010076&cid=PS.808

http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=011959&cid=PS.808

I will be running a e6600, evga 680i mobo, 7900gs, 4 sata hard drives ( 2 raptures 2 caviars ) 1 120mm fan 4 80mm fans 2 gig of 800mhz ,undecided soundcard, after market heat sync OR water cooling, floppy

I know with this build not to much power is needed. But the day Crysis comes out i am putting a 8800 in their, and eventually a a second 8800. Also i have not bought my processor yet and i keep hearing rumors of quad cores dropping dramatically in price. If that happens i will be slappin a quad core in their too. Would 700 w be enough for a qc and duel 8800's plus water cooling, or will i need the 850 w for the extra 100 canadian dollars. Keep in mind i do not want to have to replace a psu anytime in the next 5 years.

wait, are you saying you have 700 dollars, and want a quad core cpu and dual 8800's?

if so...,

hahahahahaha!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom