Getting around my login pw

Status
Not open for further replies.

haunted420

Solid State Member
So I posted a question about my keyboard/mouse failure, but after reviewing other posts regarding the same problem, nobody ever seems to have an answer, much less the additional problem I have. I feel confident I could figure it out, IF I could get into windows, and more specifically, the device manager. Problem is, I have password protected my account. My keyboard dies as XP loads up so I can't login :(

I've toyed around in ASR a bit, looking into bootcfg in hopes of being able to possibly use /u and /p to automatically log into my account upon setup, but I believe I'm missing something. Now, short of downloading a program to break into my own computer, is there anyway to

A) enter my login password prior to loading XP
B) remove the password required, or
C) create a new account with no password?

I assume any possible way of going about it, would involve ASR. Possibly within my reg? Is it possible to use the /u and /p switches in bootcfg? Is it even possible without and outside "password crack" program? Something, anything would help here guys. Thanks a lot in advance.

Have you tried loading into Safe Mode? Sometimes when a driver in Windows is messing up [keyboard, mouse, etc] and you load into Safe Mode, that driver isn't loaded and the default "dinky driver" will work; you could then do some editing inside Windows (though I'd recommend at least temporarily removing the password if you can at that point, so you can get back in, in normal mode)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom