Windows xp....

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodz cgl

Solid State Member
Well I have been lurking here for the past few weeks and finally decided to make an account.....This is due to the fact that after i finally finished building my computer I tried to install Windows xp OS and upon it finishing I find out it is unable to run....I have tried everything but I think the problem is something to do with my raid configuration for my harddrives can someone please help me out because I am getting very frustrated....

Thanks in advance -Rodney

You should have a floppy disk that says "SATA Drivers" or something along those lines. Put this disk in before you start your computer. When you install XP, the first blue screen says "Press F6 to install third-party drivers." You want to press F6. It will eventually come to a screen asking whether you want to select drivers or continue. I believe you press the S key. I'm not sure as it's been a month or two since i reformatted. A list will come up showing the drivers on the disk. Select the correct one, and continue with the install.

Then i believe you should be able to slipstream an XP disc with SATA drivers on it, but i'm not sure.

Sorry, i don't have any IM programs. Because of my router, i get kicked off every 3 minutes of inactivity. You can email me, though.

lcn (dot) lax (at) gmail (dot) com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom