Motherboard or Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm annoying, lovely. :confused: I know you're not getting it, I'm just trying to convince you that it was not a good choice in the first place. When you understand that, I will stop.

The 680i motherboards were a nightmare and just started to fix their problems. That, and Newegg reviews are worthless.

There are quite a few respected motherboards, with few to no problems, in the $100-$200 range. If there are any problems, then they can be fixed for less money than would add up to the price of the eVGA 680i.

Ok whatever, can somone answer my question that if I get the 8800 GTX will my 550W PSU be sufficient for it?

The 680i overclock like nothing else, plus the feature set is just plain awesome. True, it had a few stumbles on launch, but they are taken care of now.

Trotter said:
The 680i overclock like nothing else, plus the feature set is just plain awesome. True, it had a few stumbles on launch, but they are taken care of now.

They may "overclock like nothing else," but like I've stated before, you will run out of steam from your processor, memory, or temps before the FSB is of any use to you. Other motherboards that are half the price are just as likely as this one to hit 500+FSB, which is sort of a ridiculous FSB. Who cares if a 680i can hit 580FSB, you're never going to use that capability unless you're under liquid nitrogen on a cherry-picked chip.

Its like buying a $670,000 Ferrari Enzo, that can do well over 200MPH, but having your speed capped at 120MPH. The extra capability goes to waste, and you could get the same performance from a $25,000 Civic. Note: There is no analogy in computers for the "wear and tear" caused by running a car at high RPMs consistently.

Disclaimer: I know that the Enzo ends up costing a lot more than $670,000.

xtpacygax said:
Ok whatever, can somone answer my question that if I get the 8800 GTX will my 550W PSU be sufficient for it?
Your a lil punk you need to relax there turbo.

Exactly. No one would do such a thing, would they? Well, buying an eVGA 680i is like buying an Enzo and then capping it at 120MPH. Smart? Not really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom