CPU fault/windows wont load. please help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

snige

Beta member
CPU fan fault/windows wont load. please help me!

Ok so have recently bought a water cooled, OC'd pc. All was fine then the last time I switched it on it posted and came up with CPU FAN ERROR...hit f1 etc. ( i later disscovered that the bios had reset itself at ths point )It got to the windows loading sceen and just before the admin/password screen was due to appear, it rebooted, and repeat problem.

All the OC settings were reset, and i "ignored cpu fan " ( it was at N/A )and disabled "wait for f1 prompt". but it's still the same.

Has something been pushed too far ? With everything back to default speeds surely it should be ok. It was highly clocked but with high flow cooling and reading up on stuff well within it's capablilites. At bios the cpu is running at 21/22 degress

any ideas guys as I'm very stuck. ( for a reletive newbie )

So, did you actually reset CMOS or do you "think" it reset itself? I've never heard of it "reseting itself".

Also, CPU FAN ERROR...it's probably saying that because you have no fan connected, as you have water cooling. Don't worry about that.

It probably corrupted the boot sequence on your Windows installation. See if you can do a repair install with your WINXP CD.

Otherwise, it's time to re-install Windows (unless somebody else has better advice).

CrazeD said:
So, did you actually reset CMOS or do you "think" it reset itself? I've never heard of it "reseting itself".

Also, CPU FAN ERROR...it's probably saying that because you have no fan connected, as you have water cooling. Don't worry about that.

It probably corrupted the boot sequence on your Windows installation. See if you can do a repair install with your WINXP CD.

Otherwise, it's time to re-install Windows (unless somebody else has better advice).

I just switched on and first got the asus boot screen or whatever you call it,( which it never did before )and all the clock settings were back to default and in auto mode.

I'll give the repair a go. if not re-install, not got too much to loose seeing as it's new, and nothing I cant put back on. Luckily important stuff was on external HDD.

Cheeers for the help CrazeD

EDIT
All went well. got two HDD so installed on the other drive and installing drivers etc from first drive. A chore but at least it's running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom