ozc gameXstream 600w $125
asus p5n32-e 680i $310
C2D e6600 $317
corsair xms2 ddr2 800 2x1gb $276
evga 8800gtx $590
2xsegate 320gb HDD $190
2x samsung dvd burners $64

Total: $2260 w/ shipping

And all you need to do is read a few of the stickys on this forum and you should be good to go and you will know more about your computer then you would if you ordered a prebuilt. And if you have any trouble, you can come here again and ask us. Trust me, its really fun building a computer ;).

Guinness; Build it yourself. Prebuilders will overcharge you and provide a ridiculously small choice of components.

DarkOP; I'm in disbelief. The point was to save him money, not have him waste an equal amount of money! ASUS P5N32 680i for $310?! Are you friggin' kidding me?! The ASUS P5B-E is HALF the price and it does the same thing.

TriEclipse said:
Guinness; Build it yourself. Prebuilders will overcharge you and provide a ridiculously small choice of components.

DarkOP; I'm in disbelief. The point was to save him money, not have him waste an equal amount of money! ASUS P5N32 680i for $310?! Are you friggin' kidding me?! The ASUS P5B-E is HALF the price and it does the same thing.

seems like he wants sli later...so i figure thats the best conroe sli board thats not way over priced but still "asus" reliable. But now that i think about it a ocz 700w might be better for two 8800gtx's. One question though...i asked this before but no one answered, but is it possible to run sli 8800gtx's if you only have 2x6pins but 4 12v rails (like i do with my ozc gameXstream)??? The only 4x6pin psu's are the overly priced and overkill psu's.

But guinness74, if you don't want to sli then the mobo trieclipse suggested is a good motherboard. Here's a benchy with 8800gtx sli on a 680i and you can decide if you want it or not (if your not going to use 2560x1600 which is like a HUGE screen then yeah sli is pointless).

Oy, I apologize about the outburst.

The ASUS P5B Deluxe is one of the best overclockers, and has 2 x PCI-Ex16 ports. Its $180.

nah...i don't care. Its kinda hard to tell if someone outbursts on a forum sometimes anyways and i know you mean well by helping other members, so don't sweat it ;).

darkop16 said:
nah...i don't care. Its kinda hard to tell if someone outbursts on a forum sometimes anyways and i know you mean well by helping other members, so don't sweat it ;).

Now if only everyone handled my a$$hatish-ness as well. :p

I asked a question though in my other post about what psu you need for sli 8800gtx. Since they need 2x6pins each, how would one with only 2x6pins and 4 12v rails (like the gameXstream) sli with the 8800gtx, or is it possible? The only 4x6pin psu's out are like the $200+ 850+w psu's which is still overkill for two 8800gtx.

Depending on the answer, you may need to change the psu i suggested guinness.

one 8800gtx = ozc gameXstream 600w
two 8800gtx = w/e trieclipse suggests since he's the expert on what a 8800gtx needs power wise (he made a nice sticky located in the general computer section if you want to learn a little of what i 8800gtx really needs ;)).

One 8800GTX needed a lot less than 600W. ;) I suggested a 400W Forton in the sticky, though only a few other 400W PSUs would meet the requirements. The GameXStream would still be overkill for a 8800GTX, the 400W Forton would be at a safe 68% output at load.

As for your question about the connectors; that's a really good question actually, lol. I hadn't considered that and I'm trying to find out the answer as we speak. Since its an extremely recent problem, I'm trying to ask people that own Dual 8800GTXs (and there aren't that many of them to start off with). If your GameXStream only has 2 x 6-pin connectors, then I suppose that would be the end of it, since you would need 4 x 6-pin. The rails are nice, but if you don't have enough connectors....

Still trying to get a definitive answer though.

Some ppl (since ive been looking around to solve this problem on my own for a while now) have been saying you can use the 4-pin molex to pci-e connector to get the additional pci-e connectors as long as you still have sufficient power on the 12v rails?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom