Irql_not_less_or_equal

Status
Not open for further replies.

COCOCOOKIE

In Runtime
HI,EVERYONE! Well, my neighbor has a PEntium 4 with Windows XP Home. When he boots the PC he gets the BSOD with this message:
" irql_not_less_or_equal "

Stop 0x0000000A (...)

Just that, not other information. He restarts the computer, chooses "Safe Mode" and everything works fine. He, again, restarts the PC in Normal Mode and everything is fine. WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM? DRIVERS? MEMORY?
I've read somewhere that some products from Logitech have been found responsible for causing this crashes in WinXP, and he's got a Logitech Webcam.

ANY HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Its either a driver or a program. Even a program thats been running for months and years could still cause the problem.

ZoneAlarm causes this error a lot.

THANKS FOR THE HELP! We haven't tested the memory yet, but I'm going to. The problem is, if it's a driver or program, it doesn't specify the driver so...is there any application that tests that? Any ideas to isolate the problem? THANKS!!!

Thanks for the responses everybody! Yeah, that's right. I've been using ZoneAlarm (my neighbor doesn't have it) for years and no problems at all. I've visited those two links before and not much help there. I'm looking for a way to isolate the problem more easily. Any ideas?? Somebody who had the same problem??? THANKS FOR THE HELP!

Try uninstalling it or anything that may have recently been added. Once its unistalled (if its the problem) your computer will boot fine.

I fix computers and have found Zone Alarm to cause this many times. But it can be many other things.

Hi,Turtile! Thanks for the response! I've done what you suggested. I've uninstalled "BitTorrent" which was the application that had been installed the day before this issue started. Before that, according to my neighbor, nothing changed in the computer. I forgot to mention that after I uninstalled BitTorrent, I shut down the PC completely many times and turned it back on and it booted in Normal Mode perfectly fine, so I thought the problem had been solved. But he called me the next day saying that he got the same BSOD, so he did the same thing: Restarted the PC and boot it in Safe Mode and then restarted it again this time booting in Normal Mode and no problems, no BSOD.
Now, a couple of months ago, he got another BSOD but that time the error was "DRIVER IRQL..."; it didn't specified the driver so since I couldn't isolate the driver, I did a system restore and it solved the problem. I'm just wondering: Could both problems be related? I restored the PC to a day before those BSOD started and again he told me that he didn't change anything in the computer. Any ideas??? THANK YOU!!!!

if i where in his shoes i'd back up and reformat it. I still dont understand for an Anti-virus/firewall would cause a driver fault. But it never hurts to uninstall it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom