Can't Order Off Newegg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most likely.

I mean Im not going to get it as soon as it comes out. No way.

I'l probably wait till a few games come out, then save money then buy it....

7950 GT's will do fine for now.

You say you're on other forums a lot. The P5W DH has been hitting 450-500FSB all the time, and people have been posting about it. Its one of the premier overclocking motherboards for the Core 2 Duos and has been since they came out last August. Other motherboards hitting 500+ FSB like the P5B-E and P5B Deluxe are still relegated to second position compared to the P5W DH.

You're free to do as you wish, ofcourse no one in challenging that. However, when you spend $260 on a motherboard and post about it, others think that they must also get a $260 motherboard when something half the price will give them the same overclockability. And people like myself have to spend extra amounts of time telling those people that they don't have to spend $250+ on a motherboard.

So you had problems with the RAID; perfectly acceptable reason to change the motherboard. But to a $260 motherboard? 8 SATA ports...do you have anywhere near 8 SATA drives? From what I gather, you have two. UltraViolet...worth $50? Stability...are you proposing a $151 ASUS P5B-E is significantly less stable? Full potential of memory...that would be around 5-10Mhz more than a P5B-E motherboard (a motherboard that is famed for its memory handling).

So you see, unless you are going for a world record under liquid nitrogen or some other comparable form of cooling, that extra performance is completely lost to you.

TriEclipse said:
You say you're on other forums a lot. The P5W DH has been hitting 450-500FSB all the time, and people have been posting about it. Its one of the premier overclocking motherboards for the Core 2 Duos and has been since they came out last August. Other motherboards hitting 500+ FSB like the P5B-E and P5B Deluxe are still relegated to second position compared to the P5W DH.

You're free to do as you wish, ofcourse no one in challenging that. However, when you spend $260 on a motherboard and post about it, others think that they must also get a $260 motherboard when something half the price will give them the same overclockability. And people like myself have to spend extra amounts of time telling those people that they don't have to spend $250+ on a motherboard.

So you had problems with the RAID; perfectly acceptable reason to change the motherboard. But to a $260 motherboard? 8 SATA ports...do you have anywhere near 8 SATA drives? From what I gather, you have two. UltraViolet...worth $50? Stability...are you proposing a $151 ASUS P5B-E is significantly less stable? Full potential of memory...that would be around 5-10Mhz more than a P5B-E motherboard (a motherboard that is famed for its memory handling).

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=126620&highlight=500+FSB+P5W

Tried searching for some 500+ FSB P5W DH, Didn't get much. Maybe I searched wrong. I might go do one at [H]ard too.

And I never spent 260 dollars.

I only spent about 50 as my grand total, shipping wasn't too much and I had some money.

And I don't expect to use 8 HDD's, not yet at least.

I have 3, and I will be getting 2 more smaller drivers used for torrents, movies, backups etc. UV isn't worth 50. But I think it's pretty neat.

Look I totally understand where your coming from. Guy walks into a forum, starts saying a bunch of crap about expensive hardware that no one needs. Kinda like TheEnd. 4GB DOMINATOR RAM IS TEH PWNZOR SZOMG. Yeah. I get it. This was just a personal decision...

I think a good example of what your trying to say is like having a nice set of DDR2 800 Ram, and then getting that new OCZ Water cooling ram or whatever, when your never even going to use it to it's full potential. I would be with you on that one.

So yeah, Im trying to be as understanding as possible and not throw any flame bait in the water.

Hardly "Guy walks into a forum," I know you're a respected member here, as much as anyone else anyways.

You paid $260 for the motherboard on Newegg. You sold your old motherboard for $200, and added the extra money for the new one to it.

About the SATA ports; other motherboards have a lot of ports as well (P5B-E and Deluxe have 6 internal, 1 external. DS3 has 6).

So the final significant difference between the P5B-E, and your current motherboard is SLI support and UV. Worth $115 more?

The decision to flame or not is yours. I'm simply trying to save myself the extra hour that I would have to spend this weekend trying to convince others to spend less on their builds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom