Can't Order Off Newegg

Status
Not open for further replies.
TriEclipse said:
Why is it worth it? Lol. What does it offer over the ASUS P5W DH.

P5W DH wont let me boot past 400 FSB, P5W DH Has lots of problems, Bios dosent have a TRFC Option, DFI Vdroop is much lower, the list goes on.

Besides the RD600 is an excellent memory overclocker as well. And anything by Oscar Wu is quality

I have read nothing but great things about this board over at XS from Tony.

:)

No booting past 400FSB? Extremely bad sample, IMO. P5W DHs have 500FSB+ limit.

But you know what? You're most likely never going to use the features that the DFI has to provide over the P5W DH (a working sample, anyway). Tony may be able to do great things with the motherboard, but you likely aren't going to reach the level with your hardware where the motherboard will prove to be any better than another motherboard. Unless you consider an extra 10FSB, at lower FSB levels, due to advanced memory configuration settings to be worth an extra $50.

Tell me when you have a LN2 truck sitting outside your house. Then maybe it'll be worth it to copy XS champions.

TriEclipse said:
No booting past 400FSB? Extremely bad sample, IMO. P5W DHs have 500FSB+ limit.

But you know what? You're most likely never going to use the features that the DFI has to provide over the P5W DH (a working sample, anyway). Tony may be able to do great things with the motherboard, but you likely aren't going to reach the level with your hardware where the motherboard will prove to be any better than another motherboard. Unless you consider an extra 10FSB, at lower FSB levels, due to advanced memory configuration settings to be worth an extra $50.

Tell me when you have a LN2 truck sitting outside your house. Then maybe it'll be worth it to copy XS champions.

Dude 500+ FSB? Uhh where?

The P5W DH has alot of BIOS problem mainly regarding RAID. I have to 80 GB hard drives that I'd like to set up in raid, but the board was giving me lot's of problem and the BIOS kept getting worse and worse as new ones were released. It's pretty frustrating too.

It's a great motherboard, But I wanted a the DFI. I liked the entire lay out, I liked the 8 SATA ports, I liked the UV, I liked the stability it has proposed, and I like being able to use my memory to it's full potential hence the reason I bought the modules in the first place, and my previous Lan party board was spectacular.

And dude, Im not looking to Copy XS. I don't know where the heck that came from but I honestly don't care.

I want a solid motherboard, and the P5W DH didn't do it for me. Just too many problems.

I don't see why it's so offending to you for me to spend 50 extra for a different motherboard. You make it seem as im thinking whatever they can do with this board I can do. I'm not. Infact I'm not expecting this board to be a dream board when I first get it. There are going to be tons of bugs, and issues, like all new motherboards. ..

A perfect example was the 680i, It was a nightmare in the beginning, but now it has come along steadily and is a pretty solid motherboard.

But again, I don't see what the big deal is here. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom