Thermaltake Fan Quality ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FourTwenny

In Runtime
Ok i have been reading reviews and this is up in the air. I am learning thermaltake makes kick *** cases but sucks bad at water cooling. Can't find to much on the fans that is not biased. I am ordering a 120mm led fan and 2 80mm led fans today. So far my choice is thermaltake, even though they cost about 10 dollars more in total than other generic brands. If anyone knows something i don't please tell me before I potentially waste my money.

Woah woah.
Fans are fans, it doesn't matter who makes them. ITS A FAN... Seriously, all fans are pretty much the same quality. They are only expensive because they are selling the name not the product. They want you to think its better because it TT. And its apparently working....

The only time it matters when buying fans is if you need something specific like low noise high CFM ones. (Delta)

I just don't want something that i will have to replace anytime soon. A fan is a fan but i am sure some work better than others. Some could be quieter, have a longer life span, spin faster, push more air around than others. I was just seeing basically if anyone had a bad experience with thermaltakes. If they are the same as all the rest i will spend the extra 10 on the eye candy value alone.

FourTwenny said:
I just don't want something that i will have to replace anytime soon. A fan is a fan but i am sure some work better than others. Some could be quieter, have a longer life span, spin faster, push more air around than others. I was just seeing basically if anyone had a bad experience with thermaltakes. If they are the same as all the rest i will spend the extra 10 on the eye candy value alone.
Listen, I have 3 of the cheapest Fans I could Find that have been running 24/7 for two years. I also have 3 Heatsink Fans that have been running for the same time. I have two sunon tornados, same time. And I have a Vantec tornado running for 4 months.

Ive never had a problem with them. Or any fan with any computer ever. Prebuilt or custume.

Obviosuly there are differences in fans when it comes to CFM, RPM, DBa and Size, I even said that. But for brand names it truly does not make any difference.

If you just want to burn money then go right ahead.

I like the led.... 10 bucks for something pretty, thats not burning money.

what's CFM though, i read somewhere a 80mm fan should have around 50 CFM. Does that sound right ? I am thinking its the highest air flow or something but i am not sure.

CFM is the amount of air a fan pushs. The higher the better. Theres no set range, it depends how fast the fan is set to spin and its size. Just look for the CFM rating on the website your buying from.

ON the 120 thermaltake it says 38.6 ~ 98.7 with that same symbol and all. Another 120 mm by silverstone is marked exactly at 110.0

The thermaltake has blue led and my case is glass side and all blue so that part is kind of important to me. But does this silverstone sound like its going to get a lot more air out the back of my case than the thermaltake.

I am in Canada too so i should mention i am basically stuck with whatever tigerdirect.ca has. Newegg doesn't ship to Canada.

stores sell fans for generally at least ten dollars. i said **** that and went to the internet where i found my 3 fans for the same price. ive had good results with the three ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom