Ordering tomorrow i hope, please last opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adzh

In Runtime
Opinions, where could i save money, what shouldnt i get, and whats not such a good idea?

PROCESSOR.
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600, Socket 775, 2.4 GHz,

GFX.
512MB EVGA 7950GT, PCI-E

MOBO.
Gigabyte GA 965P-DS3 iP965, S775

RAM.
2GB (2x1GB) CorsairTwinX XMS2, DDR2 PC2-6400

CASE
Antec Nine Hundred

PSU.
450W Coolermaster Realpower aPFC PSU SATA Ready

HDD.
80 Gb Western Digital WD800JD Caviar (I dont need much larger, plus, i already have an 80gb, but its slow, i was told if i get this one, and keep my games / programs on this, and media on my other one, it will increase performance?)

TOTAL = £835.23 / 1,634 USD$ (This seems like alot for what it is in american money, but this is included a 17.5% VAT in the UK, it sucks yes, AND prices are higher here, bummer)

Is this my moneys worth? Please, honest opinions, i think i will be ordering tomorrow.

I have been unable to find any "G skill" RAM from any UK suppliers. =/

@gman, that is ddr2 800 ram, isnt it?

looks like an awesome setup, but i'd get a better brand of power supply.....like enermax, ocz, hiper, antec, fsp...

Thanks b1gapl, i'm going to look into a different PSU right now.

PS i don't intend on overclocking anytime soon with it, maybe in the future though.

I've also just realised their warehouse is like, 20 mins drive away from me, so i just saved myself £17 / $40 on shipping, and saved myself a few days waiting for it to come :p

I don't feel like broswing that site.
So Look for one of these brand names. (Power supplies).
Antec
Fortron
Enermax
eTagan
Silverstone
Seasonic
Ocz

Any one of those would be better than the one you choose.

If you were in the US, you would not be getting your money's worth, especially with that VAT.

But since you're not in the US, its fine. Change the PSU to the 450W Forton though, its better and cheaper. I found it there, but then closed the tab accidentally. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom