I'm sure this is simple but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bagelred

In Runtime
OK, this might be a real simple question, but I've never done this before so.....

I have .avi files on my computer that I have downloaded. All I want to do is put them on a DVD so I can watch them on my computer or my DVD player on TV.

Firstly, do I need to convert the .avi files to another format?

Secondly, what program should I use to transfer files to DVD? Is it as simple as using XP Explorer and copying onto DVD? Or do I need a separate application? Any good free application to use?

And obviously, I need to use a DVD/R and can't use a CD/R right?

If someone could help, would appreciate it...thanks....

your in the wrong area btw.

but use DVD Santa, it does all that you need it to do. and yes to play it in a dvd player you need a dvdr not cdr.

Thanks for quick reply. What area should I have posted this?

I just checked out DVD Santa reviews on download.com. Medicore at best. Any other options before I buy this program?

prob windows os and software would be better, i say this only cuz people who help tend to look in the areas they know, so your looking for software, if you post in the software area more people who have software will find you in that area and be more likely to help you.

i use dvd santa, its real simple does the encoding and burning all in one, its really easy to use so i like it.

I use Nero for all my .avi~>DVD conversions.
It has a great selection of DVD menu interfaces and has a ton of cool features.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom