A new home for a RD600. Oh yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mainly yeah. They are coming out with a LP 680i, but im sick of waiting.

Won't jump the gun as soon as they come back as 1. I wont have the money and 2. I don't need em'.

The RD600 is the chipset on the motherboard, the R600 is the generation/chipset of the ATI video card.

Tony at XS got this board early, because working at OCZ, he gets to test compatibility on parts before they're released. Looks promising but nothing to drool over. In the benches i've seen it falls slightly behind 680i based boards, and slightly ahead of 975X boards.

Seems a little more expensive than i thought. Though, it's not an Asus Striker ($410).

I assume you're going to overclock, so post some results! I'll soon be jumping to Conroe, myself, but for now i'm just scoping out mobos.

Snake-Eyes said:
Though, it's not an Asus Striker ($410).

The pricing on that board is absurd...

Yes I will be overclocking alot.

Reason Is I know this CPU can handle 3.7 Stable, but the motherboard I had was just not up to it. I will be doing some 4.0 GHZ+ Suicide benches and such.

New signature too :D

Heh.

Yep.

It's funny because I have an eVGA 680i Coming from newegg, but as soon as I saw this I was liek SZOMG DFI!1111 so I plan on sending the 680i *back* unopened.

I also will be recording fixes and problems so I can help out the people here and submit some of my results at the new DFI forum, as well as get other peoples fixes.

Im so glad, it looks EXACTLY like my old Lanparty. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom