HD TV/Monitor for PC and consoles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sayaprayer

In Runtime
I want to turn my PC into my gaming center. I'd like to be able to play my consoles on it as well as do my computer gaming/work on it. Would a HD TV or PC monitor be better? Since LCD PC monitors have high resolustion would they work just as well as an HDTV? I'm not looking for anything huge, its just gonna be me in my office chair sitting in front of it. I don't have much experience with monitors, any info advice would be appreciated!

hdtv is just a tv with a certain resolution either 720i or 720p or 1080i or 720p and a decoder for hd content if there is a hdmi port whilst a computer monitor generally sticks with vga and dvi. what console will you be using??? a ps2 uses Vga as ive got it plugged into my spare monitor right now.

Matt

Well I want to hook up all my consoles to it and just get a switch box. PS2, Wii, and 360. My PC as well. I found a nice monitor I might get, it has DVI and VGA inputs on it. If I put my PC in the DVI and my 360 into the VGA would that hurt the monitor? Does it know which signal to read?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom