Help with PC build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shafra

In Runtime
Hello All, looking for suggestions on a new PC build. I do most of my purchasing through NewEgg. I'm looking to build something really nice, price isn't too much of an object. I'd like to have an Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, 2gbs of Ram, and a really nice motherboard. I also need a good case (prefer something non-fancy without lights)but very good air flow, and a very nice PSU since PC will be left on 24 hours a day. Will also need a sound card, and for video, since this PC will not do any real gaming or graphics, something maybe around the $100 range. The PC will be used for Video Encoding primarily. No need for keyboard, mouse, speakers or monitor. Just want to make sure it's upgradable and use solid brand name components in case my needs change.

Thanks for any help :)

Oh, I also was planning on buying this hard drive. Western Digital 500gb
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822136014

Case looks good :)

If anyone can please recommend a good SLI motherboard, plus an Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, as well as a 2gbs of good ram 2gbs I think I can figure out the rest.

I'd LIKE to spend less or around $300 on CPU, and $150 on motherboard, and $200 on ram, if that helps. Again, prefer to get from NewEgg so if you have any links please post.

It might be easier if you gave an overall budget and the we might be able to build you the best computer for that price and according to your requirements.

Thanks Nukem. I really like that build :) Can anyone recommend a motherboard that has SLI capability that will work with the E6600. I just want to have the option in the future and would rather spend the extra money now.

Thanks for the help :)

I would save the money on sli and get a mid range dx10 card (when they come out) to replace that 7600gs. But if you really want sli, the asus 650i is about $140 i think on newegg but its 8x 8x and not 16x 16x. The 16x 16x sli motherboards for the conroes are kinda expensive right now ($250 for an evga 680i board).

But saving the money and getting a mid range dx10 card later would be better then getting two 7600gs in sli with 8x 8x bandwidth.

agreed... if gaming is not going to be your primary thing, then getting a mid range card now and/or a DX10 mid range later will work for you. Thats's why I choose the card I did. and to be honest, SLI is not all that big a deal, unless your going to go for the bragging rights of frames per second, or how high you can over clock it...

You're probably right, Darkop.

Anyone know anything about the video that is built into that above Gigabyte board for $135? Would it be sufficent to run basic apps while I save up for a good video board?

Thanks for the help.

Also, I read the reviews on the PQI ram and it sounds like it may be crummy, but very well priced. Can someone recommend a better quality ram as well? I'll just stick with 2 512MB chips for dual channel. Only memory I have ever purchased was Corsair and it ran well, so if someone knows of 2 good 512mb chips that work on the Gigabyte board let me know :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom