P965 motherboard installation help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joffo33

Beta member
Motherboard: p965 Neo
Cpu: Intel 2core e6600
Video Card: nVidia GeForce 7800 GT
Memory: 2x Twin Corsair 512 DDRII (1 Gb total)
Hard drives: Maxtor 40 gb and Western Digital 120 Gb attached through ide cable (slave and master jumpers are set up accordingly)

This is the third motherboard I have installed and the one that has given me the most trouble installing. On my hard drives I have a previously installed OS (windows XP service pack 2) and my slave drive contains my backup information. I have a dvdrw drive attached through the SATA cable. All components are receiving power and are connected correctly. When starting up the computer, I receive the following error "PXE-E61: media test failure, check cable". It prompts me to insert my system disk, which is my Windows XP installation disc. I begin the setup of windows (even though I have it previously installed) and upon reaching the message on the lower left "setup is starting windows" I receive a blue screen error "Stop: 0x000007B (0xF7CB663C, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
In my bios I made sure that I have IDE activated and everything is loaded to optimal defaults. I contacted the MSI online service (which was less than helpful) and they told me to install the J-micron drivers. I did my best to(still not entirely sure if I correctly did it) so if you may think that is the issue, could you please give me information on how to do it? I am not sure what is causing these problems and would appreciate any help possible.

you cant boot from the hard drive with the OS from a previous install from different hardware. you are most likely failing the HAL. which directly prevents the exact thing you are trying to do.

I understand that, so when trying to reinstall my OS (using my windows xp disc) I receive the blue screen error as previously mentioned. Am I going about the re installation all wrong?

that stop error from what i can tell is related to the boot device. try using a different hard drive, maybe cable or ide slot or sata slot and try the install again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom