Need recommendation regarding building 2 computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hossein

Solid State Member
Hey guys i need some recommendations,

i want to build up 2 computers, the first one:

1) i need it for a person with a small bussiness making drawings fo communications of customers houses. the person uses the computer for long hours and needs internet access.

second computer:

2)this one is for a typical teenager, the person wants it to download and listen to music, chat with friends.

i need some recommendations for the components for each of these computers. also for the second computer whats a reasonable webcam?

and the two computers need to be networked to share a printer and interent connection, what do you guys thinks the best wired or wireless in terms of price and quality of service?

thanks for the help and advice that i'll hopefully get.

Well, first you can start off with a budget.

for the first one we need more detail, does his computer work require alot of power in a computer?

the teenager might want to play games, so a decent graphics card can go there, a 7300 or something like that.

You should go wireless becuase it requires less clutter and the computers can be moved anywhere in the building while still haveing internet access.

computer 1) if they are macking drawings for communications and having to do with houses, they are prob using an autocad type program which can be a pretty intense program, memory and cpu wise so focus in those areas for that. he will also need/or want/ or be happy with a good solid video card to see the detail in his drawings, you also need to find out what monitor he wants and what resolution, alot of people who do business drawnings use 22" monitors with higher resolutions to see the detail and be precise.

computer 2) anything will do, for what you mentioned. but whats your budget? and like savage said if he wants to play games your gonna want to get him a good vid card other wise he will complain to his dad and you will lose that customer.

i like hard wire personally. specially if the dad is sending his drawings into work, they can be pretty big in size and there maybe some lag in wireless which he wouldnt like.

thanks for the big help so far guys.
here is the budget details:

well a budget of around $4000.
here is a break down:

around 1300$ (Canadian &including tax) for each computer,thats including all the necessary hardware hardware for a computer to work, OS, security software,printer(only 1) and also suitable ergonomic chairs.
also for one computer a set of high end speakers and a webcam .

so that leaves around 1400$ Cdn agian including tax, for the networking issues, im not sure to go with wired or wireless,and i dont know what hardware i need for networking so please tell me.

+
+
-------
4000$ Cdn including tax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom