I can't get into the BIOS on my Latitude CPi D300XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistafeesh

Baseband Member
Hi,

Just wondered if anyone has any ideas? I've got a Dell latitude D300XT laptop, and I can't get into the BIOS. I've tried Del, F2, F1 <Fn>F1 on bootup.

I got into it once before, but that was when it was complaining that something wasn't right. I want to make sure the onboard sound is enabled, as it's not showing up in Ubuntu as existing!

On boot up it just goes into windows , no bios ?

A lot of Dells have a detachable cmos battery, like the CPX, unfortunately the battery is in the top cover, near the trak pad. So you have to disassemble the notebook. Yours may be different.

yup, only it goes into linux. I can get that up and running, but I can't get into the BIOS! Something's not right here....

Not sure what you mean about the cmos battery. would detaching that get me into the bios???

Most PC.s and notebooks will show some kind of bios screen at boot up, some it can be disabled. If you can not get in , it might be worth removing the cmos battery, IF yours has a removable cmos battery . You have to determin if yours has a rmovable battery AND disassembly of your notebook should only be done by someone that has done something like that.

there is a lot of info out there, It looks like there is a rmovable battery on yours. Some say removing will not help reset the bios.
the bst is for you to decide. try google , ask questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom