Overkill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might have to spend a little more on the graphics card as you guy's have advised. I don't think I will be spending any less than $1,500 after parts and labor.
As for overclocking, my uncle tried doing so and his cpu didnt last too long. I personally don't want to spend $250 on buying another cpu after 6months. So was it because of my uncles stupidity that his cpu died? or is that the way things work when you oc?

EDIT: I know oc reduces the life time but does it kill it like drinking battery acid or does it kill it like smoking a cigerette?

CPU's are factory tested, the "shelf" clock speed is the speed at which they are able to remain stable over long periods of use.
Overclocking a little is not so bad, but cranking it up will cause the chip to cook or simpy stop.

NO WAY.. thats not overkill,

this would be overkill,

2x Intel Quad Core QX6700
2x 8800GTX in SLI
4GB DDR2 1000 RAM
4x 750GB HDD
1000W PSU

you might want to go for a better video card though

Maybe wait for the release of the E4300 and get some DDR2 533 or 667 RAM?

For the videocard look into ATi X1950Pro... best budget card out there period. Outperforms the 7900GS and on some occasions the 7900GT at a lower price.

Ok, so for a video card there is no way in **** that i am going to spend 200+ on a video card when i play the older generation of games. So I think I will go for this: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT 256MB PCI Express x16 (EVGA Powered by NVIDIA).

Now my main question-
Will I see enough performance to spend that much money on a raptor or should i just go with a good ol' standard 72000rpm?

Nah just get a 7200rpm drive I say. Raptors are for the Hilton kids.

And maybe get a 7800GT since they're around the same price...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom