Ordering TONIGHT

Status
Not open for further replies.
probably becasue it seems 400w is a standard for a performance system, and nvidia does not want to be responsible for any power related hardware failures?

personally i don't know, thats the best i could come up with.

however, you need to make sure that the psu is reliable giving out enough amps on the 12v rails. the forton 400w is rated well above most 400w psu's, and i believe can actually push over 400w.

ThirdLeft152 said:
probably becasue it seems 400w is a standard for a performance system, and nvidia does not want to be responsible for any power related hardware failures?

personally i don't know, thats the best i could come up with.

however, you need to make sure that the psu is reliable giving out enough amps on the 12v rails. the forton 400w is rated well above most 400w psu's, and i believe can actually push over 400w.
Well thanks for that bit of info:)

Just get the 400W Forton, there's no need to overkill on a system like yours. But 400W shouldn't be used as the standard of measurement; its the 34A that make it good. Other 400W PSUs may have as few as 20-25Amps on their +12v rails.

Nvidia said 400W minimum because most people don't know crap about PSUs. Most will just go out and pick up a 400W PSU, knowing nothing about how good it is. This includes "knowledgeable PC builders." If you picked up some generic 400W PSU from your local shop, then chances are, yeah, it'll most likely just barely make the power requirement for the videocard. But PSUs especially by Antec and Forton are known being Low-Watt High-Amperage.

The 400W Forton is in the safe zone (68% output) on a 8800GTX system. I'm sure his system will be fine, even overclocked.

Those were just some conjugations i had come up with. I actually had no idea why they are marked with a 400w minimum.

And the oc'd system i was refering to maybe having trouble with the 400w is the qx6700 and 8800gtx system.

and its ordered, will be here in a few days :) I must say its my first time spending that much money one something ever. I was quite nervous :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom