Errorin MSN Messenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mewgen1

Baseband Member
For a week or so now when I try to log into MSN messenger it has been giving me an error message that says,

"There was a problem connecting to MSN Messenger. Click tourbleshoot for hepl with this problem."

Down in the left hand corner fo the box it says,

"Error Code: 0x81000365"

I have run the troubleshooter as the box sugested and it says there are no problems. I have also checked MSN's help site and they seem to not have any solutions to this problem.
This problem started when I was using Windows MEssenger (v. 5.2 I think), so I uninstalled Windows Messenger and downloaded the latest MSN messenger. Obviously the problem has not been soleved.

So just what is "Error Code: 0x81000365" and how do I fix it?

try installing the new MSN over the already installed one without uninstalling it.

Seems like there might be a problem with your registry

Also try getting msn out of your startup and run the program manually

Oh, sorry, Im not sure how I got that mixed up, I installed the new one first and since it didnt fix the problem I unistalled the old one.

Well, that was a nice thought juan, thank you, but Messenger still doesnt work. It does give me a mesage that says:

"DLLRegisterServer in softpub.dll succeeded"

but messenger still gives that same error.

Well, Ive tried that housecall scan, and my system has no viruses. Any thing else that might be wrong.

Its kind of strange, the program worked for about two days (the day before yesterday and the the day before that) and then stopped working again. Same error message though: 0x81000365. I still would like to know what that means.

i found the solution.....usually there is something wrong with a part in the registry.....to fix that you have to (this is only for Win Xp users....as far as i know) go to start and then press run... and in run type "cmd" and type the following in the black box that appears: (remember to press enter after every entry)

regsvr32 softpub.dll
regsvr32 wintrust.dll
regsvr32 initpki.dll
regsvr32 dssenh.dll
regsvr32 rsaenh.dll
regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll
regsvr32 sccbase.dll
regsvr32 slbcsp.dll
regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll
even tho you have done softpub.dll do it again

Well, thank you very much for your suggestion juan, however, that still does not solve the problem.

Ive been looking abit and found some a site that says to try sign in manually, instead of just pressing your name.
If youre already doing that then for now Ill keep an eye out for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom