Got my new build finally yesterday,

C2D E6400
EVGA Nvidia 680i SLI
2Gb Corsair Dominator 6400
Saphire X1950 XT
Zalman 9500
TT Purepowe 550 Modular PSU
Maxtor DM20 160GB

Overclocking results coming soon, anyone else with similar setup to give me some sort of idea of what i should be aiming for?

thats similar to what im ordering tonight or tomorrow, im gonna favorite this thread so I know how mine will turn out :)

shoot for 400x8 3.2GHz out of the 6400 and the zalman lol thats what i wanna try for :)

Why did you get a sli mobo with an ati card? Are you planing to get a couple of G80 cards later. If not then i would have gone with an asus p5w-d for crossfire. Not saying it won't work but crossfire on a sli mobo will limit its preformance.

Other then that, sweet computer ;). You should get a nice oc out of that e6400 w/ zalman 9500 (make sure to use some as5).

yeah, dont plan on going sli for a while Gts are too much £ atm. just gonna sit it out for a while.

got me up to 3.2 easily with good temps, havent pushed it any further yet but will

looking good. I got my e6600 at 8x425 w/ my zalman. See if you can get to 3.4ghz too ;), and if 60*c load temps don't bother you then you can prob get 3.6ghz with 8x450 . I had it at 3.6ghz but it was too hot for my liking, but as long as you keep load temps under 60*c then your fine. Just don't go over 70*c if you get pushy :p, although one guy had his e6600 at 80*c for a while and it didn't hurt it at least not in preformance, maybe life span though :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom