Audio issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomCL

Baseband Member
I built a new PC and am having a couple issues.

1) What I hear is echoed through my mic; everyone hears what I hear when I am speaking.

2) My left earphone/speaker work but the right doesn't. I tried to balance them in audio settings and to the right, I hear nothing, but to the left, it is slightly louder. It isn't the headset; I tried 3 headsets, and 2 sets of speakers. I also tried the front and back ports on the PC, with the same result.

I am using Realtek97 audio drivers; they came with the mobo. I got the updated mobo drivers and still has the same result. I've tried all I can in Sound Effects manager, also.

1). It sounds like either team speak, ventrilo, or what ever your using is set to be voice activated. You can either adjust the sensitivity or bind a key to operating your mic.

2). It sounds like your speaker is dead. Might try a new pair and it will work.

As I said, I tried 3 headsets and 2 speakers, so that wouldn't be it.

Also, it isn't voice activated. It is set to a key, and voice activated doesn't effect something like that. What I hear in a game through my headphones, they hear, and what they say is repeated through my mic. I've used vent for 3+ years and never had this problem, just after getting this new PC.

Yes, go into your soundcard mixer and get into the recording panel. Make sure it is set for Mic and not something like What U Hear or Mono Mix or Wave Mix.

Honestly, the biggest issue is the headphones thing. I play a lot of FPS in leagues and such and having sound from only one side is hurting me. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom