Dell Hardware with OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

bracer028

Baseband Member
You know you can't install non dell OS on a dell computer. How do i get past this problem?

i want to install vista later but **** dell forces me to install their ****en os.

i've done that before...why else would i ask this question

they force u to use the OS that came with the computer...no other...i wouldn't be using home edition if it weren't the case.

they cant force you, just use whatever you want. I do this all the time. I never sue their copy of XP, I install my own copy

yeah, i do however have probs using a dell OS disk on a non-dell machine. their proprietary mobos have compliance chips for that. but i have been able to install non-dell OS's on my dell.

you guys somehow don't believe me or something

dell forces me to use their os on their computers because they have parts that "says its not compatible with other OS"

I know what you mean. You cant use their install cd on different computers. All it is, its a file within the cd that detects the Dell components. If you get another XP cd, you wont have this problem. You can also edit the disk and take out all the garbage so this wont happen

actually its the other way around.

i want to use a non dell cd on a dell computer.

but anyways...ya that cd does need to detect dell components. how do i get around this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom