Win2k Random Shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rune20

Solid State Member
I have been experiencing problems with my windows 2000. Ill be on it for about 10 minutes to an hour and it will randomly shut off. I notice it when Im typing something the keyboard will just stop working and ill get the pop up message Windows is Shutting Down...

When I reboot, it crashes again but only this time it happens sooner than before. Anyway it is completely random and frustrating. I have an ASUS P4P800 se motherboard with an ati radeon 9600 series video card and a geil 512 ram stick. It is sort of an old setup and Im wondering if the motherboard is just getting old or if its something that has to do with the power supply. Its well ventilated with 3 fans and has never overheated. Please help me out here!

-Thanks

No i get the message that says Windows is Shutting Down like if I were to just press the power button. Oh and I forgot to add on my pc specs that I have an Intel Pentium 4 processor.

Can someone please help me on this? Im a student and I have to work on my computer a lot and its hard to do my work when it randomly crashes.

Well, now im not really sure, could be your power supply, though im thinking its something software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom