| Check My C2D Rig |

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you mean X1950Pro? I couldn't find much info about the X1900 PRO (there was more for the GT, XT and XTX versions). If you have a link, please post it.

If you mean a X1950Pro, then it's somewhere between a 7900GT and a 7950GT. A very good card indeed. [I'm guessing the X1900Pro must fall between a 7900GS and a 7900GT, but it's 100% speculation.]

Once again I can't type. Yes I meant the X1950Pro.
They seem to be a lot cheaper than the Nvidia cards. A Gigabyte X1950Pro is almost cheaper than a 7900GS...

Yup. The top-of-the-line ATI cards (X1950Pro, X1950XT, X1950XTX) seem to be a bit ahead of the nVidia equivalents. The only competition nVidia offers here is the 7950GX2, but it's 2 GPUs in one board, so it's unsure whether we should compare it to other single-GPU cards (and the price is of course closer to what a SLI/Xfire rig would cost). The 8800s are in a whole different category.

FourTwenny said:
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2714981&Sku=E145-7922

thats an Evga 7600 GT for 132.99 Canadian Dollars. I am not up to date on exchange rates but it hink its about 110 usd. The link is from tigerdirect.ca. If it doesnt work just go to tigerdirect.com. Check out ebay too, you will find local companies from your country that sell parts cheap. I did anyways.

i disagree with buying parts off ebay!
most of the time the manufacturer will not honor a warranty unless the part is bought from a real distributor...

I agree as well. I personally don't use ebay, so I wouldn't be buying any computer parts from their anyway.

Thanks for the info Meithan. So I assume that a 256MB X1650Pro will be around a 7600GS/GT? If so that might be worth a go until the DX10 cards go down...

The X1650Pro has a performance similar to a 7600GS. I think the 7600GT has a small lead over it, but how large depends on the review. In some cases it's minimal.

Thanks for your help Meithan. I'll most likely be buying all the stuff sometime this week, so I will make a decision when I'm at the store for what video card I will get.
I just have to decide when I'm most likely going to be upgrading the video card.

I can get OCZ 2GB DDR2 800Mhz 6400 Gold XTC RAM instead of the Corsair 2GB DDR2 667Mhz 5300 for an extra $53 AUD | $42 USD. Thoughts?

Would this be compatible with the P5B Deluxe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom