Vista vs mac os x leapard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, you people are extremely ignorant. Let me just lay down the truth here:

First, filesystem compatibility:

Mac OS supports read/write of pretty much every filesystem minus NTFS. Mac OS can only read NTFS, not right.

Linux supports read/write everything

Windows supports read/write of NTFS and FAT32, that's it.

So, Linux and Mac OS win on file portability.

Next, malware:

0% of Mac/Linux users are affected by viruses/trojans/etc. Jesus himself does not write software, so I am not guaranteeing 100% totally security, but they are way more secure than Windows. That, and Windows is a more popular attack vector due to the higher level of users.

So Mac/Linux win in security and malware, because you don't have to worry about anti-virus, etc.

Next, lets just get a few things straight:

King X13 said:
Macs also have limited programs, games, video/audio editing software etc. since more companies make these things for windows than mac so you have a wider selection to choose from.

The only thing you listed that holds true is games. The best video/audio/etc content creation programs are for Mac, so you lose. Sure, Windows has a bigger selection, but why would you need a bigger selection if all the best tools are available for Mac? Answer: you don't.

Games not being for Mac OS is not because Mac OS is an inferior OS in 3D graphics, it's because game developers tend to write games for an OS that more people have so that they can get a bigger consumer base.

Blitze105 said:
if you ever want to transfer files from computers do NOT buy a mac. Why? 85% of the world is unix and windows.

Mac OS X = UNIX, and Mac OS X supports read/write of all UNIX filesystems.

You lose.

talldude123 said:
I do know that Mac's are getting better since Intel bought them out.

Intel didn't "buy them out" ... I have no idea what you are talking about.

Who's next?

Now, here's how it goes:

If you want to play games on your computer, get Windows, period. But if you don't plan on playing games, then get a Mac, and you can save some hassle of using antivirus and all that stupid crap.

baronvongogo said:
Or get a mac and use boot camp so you can have windows for playing games. Or even use Parallels I dont own a mac personally so have no idea how well those things work.

Boot camp = running Windows natively on an Intel Mac. It's exactly like running Windows on a PC. Good for games.

Parallels = virtualization/emulation program that runs in OS X. Not too good for games. ;)

The General brings up some good points.
But i wouldnt say that Linux or OSX is "secure" its just that 80% of the market is windows so logically almost all of they trojans, virii, spyware, and exploits are for windows. when you actually look at the mac's security its not much better. its only safe haven is that few people use it. Safari has as many holes as IE and they just came out with a press release about the vulnerablilty of Quicktime streaming video.

Now im not bashing macs, they have thier place just like windows and linux. ill put it in easy terms to understand.

Windows: for office productivity and Games
Linux: for servers and elitist nerd who are too good for windows or mac
MacOS: High end ultra pro content creation, as in Audio editing for record companies, video editing in hollywood. and old people like them cause they are easier for them to use than pcs are.

Not another one of these..I've already fought with The General and he is very one sided so no matter what you say you are wrong ;)

Also games run horrible on bootcamp..who said this was a good choice? If Mac's didnt crash so much I would be more of a fan and support them with a little more excitement.

If all holds true about Vista's strict license laws and activation and all that crap and Leopord holds up like the previous versions of OSX (just instsalling, no cd key needed, no activation, no hassles at all) then it may show a little gain in market over Vista :)

Win2kpatcher said:
Not another one of these..I've already fought with The General and he is very one sided so no matter what you say you are wrong ;)

Also games run horrible on bootcamp..who said this was a good choice? If Mac's didnt crash so much I would be more of a fan and support them with a little more excitement.

If all holds true about Vista's strict license laws and activation and all that crap and Leopord holds up like the previous versions of OSX (just instsalling, no cd key needed, no activation, no hassles at all) then it may show a little gain in market over Vista :)

Games run fine in Boot Camp, what are you talking about? Running Windows on a Mac using Boot Camp is 100% EXACTLY THE SAME as running Windows on a PC.

Games run horribly in PARALLELS because it doesnt get 3D acceleration and it's running OS X and Windows at the same time. Boot Camp is merely a boot loader that lets you run Windows on a Mac... Boot Camp loads Windows INSTEAD of Mac OS X.

Do you have any idea what you're taking about?

Juice Daddy said:
nobody on this forum has a clue as to what vista offers...

http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/winvista.asp

learn

Yeah, because a review of Windows Vista on www.winsupersite.com is completely and totally 100% non-biased ... That's like asking "What's better - Mac or PC" on the Apple messageboards, LOL.

About that Macs not being able to write to NTFS, and stuff... NTFS is one of the two filesystems Windows (XP at least, not sure about Vista.) supports, therefore, it is used a lot.. a lot more than other file systems, so... you have to factor that in a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom