no sound in my toshiba laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

vipercrazed

In Runtime
this is probaly an easy fix or a virus, but its really been bugging me how i cant fix it...

my sound works when i play music from my media player and trilian beeps fine and my virus scanner comes on sayign its been updated relaly loud so my sound is fine, except when i go onto a website it doesnt work, it works maybe one day a week, either all sound works or not even one site will give me sound...

whats wrong?

when i go into sound device it says "none", thought i checked the driver(realtek i think) and i reinstalled incase it was corupt still no fix

my laptop has also been freezing, twice last night for the first time ever(4 years old) and it just turned itself off a couple hours ago, and left the power light on while turning everything off

If your lap top has any cooling fans on it check and make sure if they are working. As for erything else i have no idea.

Go to Toshiba Support and download drivers.

Try using headphones, your laptop speakers MAY be blown. I'm not sure though.

they cannot be blown, it plays all my music on my comp just not downloaded or streamed stuff

it worked fine for a long time them just one day, it decides to do this

ill try toshibas site

Assuming you are using IE to surf, try with a different web browser such as Firefox or Opera and see if that might solve your problem.
New sound drivers could also fix it.

It sounds like a software problem to me right now.

just downloaded and installed the realtek sound stuff from the toshiba site no difference, i just realized i should of tried IE(using firefox atm) and IE was no use either, so um yea im out of ideas totally

i dont feel like getting my usb floppy drive out of a sea of old comp parts and updating the bios

and like three times it would let me play everything from the internet so im thinking its a virus kind of

top, still havent gotten any farther, but i should also mention the little speaker in the menubar is there but when you right click it to open volume it doesnt come up, and says program will now close with a long message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom