Holy ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
well this is an actual review... Im sorry if I missed the other ones.

EDIT: Hey! look at that....same link and everything! :confused:

Dang, i hope it's not as good as it looks, cause it out performs my cpu, and it's brand new. Although without overclocking mine wins pretty much everytime. Plus, this was only 20 dollars more. Guess i need to overclock, although these C2D's are so fast there is pretty much no reason too.

I would kill to have bought a C2D...well idk...who knows if i really need it.

hey spartan,

watch the fan control on that case, mine shorted out! Sounded like a dying car for a day or two...then shorted out to full power :/ I took off the shiny side peices and electrical taped the front edges, it looks pretty boss.

spartan1121 said:
Dang, i hope it's not as good as it looks, cause it out performs my cpu, and it's brand new. Although without overclocking mine wins pretty much everytime. Plus, this was only 20 dollars more. Guess i need to overclock, although these C2D's are so fast there is pretty much no reason too.

You will see a big difference if you oc your conroe. I was at 3.6ghz for a while until my system started to reboot during supreme commander :(, and i can tell a lot (not big but still a lot) of difference between it and 3.4ghz. I can't even imagine stock speed (i just oced myn right out of the box :p). So i highly encourage you to get that beast going cause its yawning right now ;).

On the e4400 note. I am so freakn' happy since i was planning a e6400 lan rig later own, and this saves me some money :).

Its a great chip, but not as major as the fuss you guys are making for it, lol. It's the new standard for budget rigs, thats for sure, but just look at the gaming benchmarks; the 3.38Ghz E4300 can barely keep up with the 2.93Ghz X6800. The slower FSB and less cache do indeed hinder its performance. You only need to overclock a E6000-series to around 3Ghz (LOLnoob overclock) processor to surpass it. Those of you who don't overclock have no right to whine; an overclocked processor will almost always beat your stock one. But sub-$200 processors outperforming Intel's best stock one is nothing new, its been done since the C2Ds came out. ;)

Also; Anandtech got their E6600 to 4.0Ghz, dunno what the fuss about 3.38Ghz from some expert overclockers is.

Yeah i do need to over clock, but it's a mix of laziness and inexperience that has kinda kept me from going through with it.

yeah i have my e6400 at 3.3 right now, and when im at stock, its a BIG difference. it seems to me that my skt754 64 3200+ was faster. however i know that is not the case. i would never dare run at stock speeds again, its too much of a disappointment.

and im just a little mad that they're putting 4mb chips out there for what i JUST paid for my e6400, trying to stay on top of technology sucks.

spartan1121 said:
Yeah i do need to over clock, but it's a mix of laziness and inexperience that has kinda kept me from going through with it.

I would go on and say that e6300 can do 7x430 @ 1.325v (maybe lower, i didn't mess around with 3ghz below when i got my e6600 :p). You might be able to get 3.4 ghz (7x485) with 1.375-1.4v and if you loosen up your ram timings (or you might be able to keep the ram timings but maybe not).

After that its just a matter of giving extra voltage to the cpu, ram, NB, SB (thats the order i do it if im unstable). Then watch your temps (i try to keep below 60*c and don't go over 70*c if you decide to go for some superpi times :p).

Here's a good guide i found a while back that can help you test your system to make sure its stable after you oc it.

Good luck ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom