divx to cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

D4RK GR4YL3N

In Runtime
how can i get divx movies onto a cd so that i can play them in any regular dvd player? or how can i convert them to .avi or .mpg formats so i can put them onto a vcd?

A program called TMPGenc can convert them into mpeg1 for you and is free. Once converted into mpeg1 you can make a VCD using recording software.

Ok - depending on the file size, you'll need to chop the divx file.. possibly in thirds. Then you need to convert the divx video to mpeg1. (352 x 288) The easiest way to convert would be to just open nero and select video cd; drag the files over, click the burn button and nero will do the rest. (note- this could take hours)

D4RK GR4YL3N said:
ok i got thte conversion down. now how do i chop the file into sizes that will fit onto a cd?

again, depending on the size of the divx file.. all i do is use divx cat to cut the movie in half. then use nero to convert the video and make the cd all at once. there is also virtualdub you can try; don't use avi chopper, as it will sometimes corrupt the output video.

and this will all work for dvds too? can i burn the same mpeg1 format clips to a blank dvd and have them work in my dvd player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom