Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
o_O? that could mean 2 things: the US can spy on us more easily, or we are now protected pretty well.

this is scary nonetheless

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by vernong1992
Is Vista Business good for gaming like XP Pro? or do i have to get Home Premium?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No1 really answered my question so i'd like an answer if u can anser?

sorry If i wasn't clear vista business will be fine for directx10 gaming but as with all versions of vista some directx9 and open GL games might not work yet.

All versions of vista will be fine for gaming from home basic to ultimate. They just lack features in vista it self, between products like xp home runs games just as well as xp pro.

So far in Vista business Steam games(half life 2, CS:S etc) work fine also farcry. That's without having to reinstall the games as I'm dual booting and those work without having to install again i can just run them from the directory.

all of my games ran just as well as they did in xp

farcry
fear
prey
flatout2
halo
cod2
quake4
ut04
nfs, c and mw
graw
css

just to name a few

VeriSign's iDefense Labs has placed an $8,000 bounty on remote code execution holes in Windows Vista and Internet Explorer 7.

The Reston, Va., security intelligence outfit threw out the monetary reward to hackers as part of a challenge program aimed at luring researchers to its controversial pay-for-flaw VCP (Vulnerability Contributor Program).

The launch of the latest hacking challenge comes less than a month after researchers at Trend Micro discovered Vista flaws being hawked on underground sites at $50,000 a pop and illustrates the growth of the market for information on software vulnerabilities.

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,2082014,00.asp

I have run Doom 3, UT2004, F.E.A.R., CS:S, Star Wars: KOTOR, Star Wars: KOTOR2, WoW, Painkiller, Star Wars Galaxies, and a few more with no problem on my Vista RTM setup.

The only problem I have with vista now is when it boots up the loading bar looks....like its in 256 colour and I get a black screen for about 30 seconds, then it loads into vista just fine. Probably just a driver issue though hopefully anyone else had this problem?

Im still avoiding using vista alone without dual booting I like to have something to fall back on in case some software I use wont work or games.

It's probably your setup. What version of Vista are you running? I have tried the latest 5744 RC2 and it runs just as smooth and bug-free as XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom