Which DDR2 800 2gb set?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UA_Iron

Daemon Poster
I'm helping a friend build a new core 2 rig and am wondering what the best ddr2-800 ram is teh best.

I'm using the patriot set and I love it, I just think there may be a better value out there right now.

anyone come across any benchmarks indicating which is the best?

I use 2x1GB Corsair XMS2 Dominator DDR2 800. Seems rock solid to me. There is probably better value though. I just know that mine is great for me.

I looked up an article on anandtech to see if anything has changed since i got my g.skill HZ kit.

It looks like corsiar's xms2 ddr2-800 beats the HZ's, but if you notice the model number is CM2X1024-6400C3 and i can only find C4 on newegg. There might be a difference between the C3 and C4 models.

The g.skill HZ's are still a good choice for a high end system. Besides the xms2, g.skill HZ's is holding its own against the ddr2-1000+ ram kits (except at the higher memory speeds since it is rated for ddr2 800). It also gets up to ddr2-1067 for overclocking which would give your friend a nice overclocked conroe if he has sufficient cooling or justs wants a higher memory band width with a low cpu:memory divider.

As far as price/performance, I would have to say the corsair xms2's are the best since they are $23 less then the HZ's and they have a pretty good mail-in-rebate at the moment (well actually it seems they always have a nice rebate as far as i can remember them coming out :p).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom