Graphics card problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dexaroni

Daemon Poster
Graphic Glitches.

Hey guys.

I own an x1900 AIW video card, which has pretty decent specs. The problem I am encountering is there are graphical errors when I start a game, it lags, things dissapear, and then a few minutes later, all if fine.

It is dealable, but I would like that to go away.

ALSO, I cannot update my Catalyst drivers, I get a "Zero Display Service" error. Can anyone clue me in on what that is, and how to fix it?

Thanks,
Dex

Heya,
I'm an Nvida person myself, but I'll try to help.;)

Download the latest drivers.

Zero display service error is just that. Once the ati drivers are uninstalled, it leaves windows device manager without any "known" display devices thus the error as they are now "unknown devices".

fix 1) uninstall drivers, reboot, go into device manager, select display adapter ( unknown device) and manually give them default windows vga drivers then reboot and install ati drivers= no zero display error message.

fix 2) install drivers, get the zero display fluff, reboot, go into device manager and even though it shows they are installed, install them again manually. You should be fine now once you have installed them over manually. install your catalyst control panel software and use as normal.

Make sure you have installshield service, application management, .net runtime and dcom server process launcher services started. These are needed for safe installation. Dcom for installshield to work properly

Yeah, I tried that, I have done TONS of searching, but I think I fixed it. The graphic problems are only in Battlefield 2, and the drivers DID update, contrary to what the error message said.

If it's only happening on BF2 then it sounds software specific.

You could try re-installing BF2 with the new graphic drivers installed.

Pain in the pants, but worth a try.

;)

Yep, I am pretty sure that is the case. I will reinstall it once I get my new video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom