CPU Multiplyer not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meithan said:
Couldn't this be caused by something like Intel's Speedstep Technology? When the computer isn't loaded, the processor automatically sets itself to a lower clock multiplier, in order to save power.

K M A N, to test this theory, download Prime95 and check the multiplier and clock speed while doing a torture test. If under load it's still the same as before, then we'll have to look for a different solution.

yes meithan its called cool n quiet for amd, tho.
kman what is the stock multiplier for your cpu? if its 11 i bet apokalipse is right and you just have some sort of fail safe turned on.
also, what voltage are you applying to the cpu?and what speed is your ram (i.e. stock speed and what is it set to in bios).

On Athlon 64 processors, the multiplier is locked. You can not put it above 11x, even if your bios says you can, the processor locks that option out.

I've tried to use lower multi's for my board and sometimes its realllly hard to get it take. It just boots (tries to anyway!) with 10x when i specifically saved 9x. Hit or miss for my multi's working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom