Entry Level DX10 Cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Hi does anyone know when the Direect X10 Enrty Level cards are being released ? and what kind of power will they have against there similar priced DX9 counterparts for e.g. 8600GS against X1950XT ??

Will they be cheaper for more power than DX9 Cards ?

i.e. Nvidia 8300 same price as a X1950XT but power of X1950XTX ?

As im wondering to wait a while to by my new pc as i wanted to play crysis, but i would love to play it in DX10 so was wondering when the budget cards will come out and at what price.

Thanks

um......as far i know there is no 8600gs or 8300 bla bla blah...there are no entry level DX10 cards right now...no one really knows anything about whats coming out for entry level.....
....lol...but i will let you know when they are available...:)

they are releasing another 8800GTS with half the ram (320 MB) for as much as $100 cheaper than the original. R600's come out in a few weeks as well.

Wait until Crysis or a DX10 game is even out though before you buy a DX10 card, there is no use in building it now until you know what you need to run it. If Crysis comes out in August, then buy a DX10 card in september and see if your current cpu/monitor/ram setup can handle it with only a GTS...or maybe you need two etc... Maybe DX10 is actually FASTER than DX9...no one knows yet, so just keep an eye out and build when you we know more about such things.

True, their arent any DX10 games out now.

BUT

the 8800 series destroys the 7000 series in current game.

I think the general concensus(sp), is that their will be a 8600 or so release sometime in the near future. That line of cards will probably be considerd entry level.

Not building my PC till end of February - Middle of march sometime around then.

Ive heard that Nvida will be realeasing more in the G80 sreies around rebruary march, (i found this out after i started the topic).

Weather or not its true i dont no but if it is i will check the performance v the X1950XT wich i will be getting at the mome... which i hope can cope with Crysis. It mainly depends on the price of it all though.

Snake-Eyes said:
I swear R600 is/was scheduled for a March-time release. Any links?

Too lazy for links. The R600 was scheduled for January 22nd, right before the Jan. 30th Vista release, but I think it got pushed back into late February.

:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom