smaller memory more overclockable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jseber1982

Enterprise SCCM\SCOM
I have read in many places that 512meg memory sticks oc way better than 1gig sticks. What do you think?

And also.. I know you have the ddr2 533,800,1000,1066 sticks etc... does that number really even matter? Cant you loosen the timings up enough to make a slow chip run at those speeds? What i am getting at.. is it worth it so splurge and buy the fancy 1150 sticks?or just stick with the 800 sticks and adjust the timings

Depending on your make and model of the memory you can get 800 memory up to like 900-950 if you've got good conditions. Easing up on the timings helps accomplish this. But you cannot expect a 533Mhz stick to run at 800. But 800 should be enough for any case in my opnion.

Don't know if 512mb overclocks better than 1gig... In relative numbers maybe. But the absolute performance gain of 1gig would of course be higher.

it makes sense to me. Think of it like an excel spreadsheet. you go over then you go down to access your cell.... Bigger chips, you gotta go over and down more, which takes longer.

but then again yea i think they just have fewer chips which totally kills my idea.. but less chips means less chance of instability

can anybody recommend some really good memory? i would buy the expensive dominator sticks, but cant find any anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom